View All Posts
How to Keep Your Sales Pipeline Flowing
By Amy Lou Blunt, Chief Credit Officer
Our business bankers have built and continue to maintain a prospect pipeline with more depth and breadth than ever. So how are they doing this, and how can their success and experience help you develop the same for your business?
This phenomenon hasn’t occurred by happenstance; it is a result of a deliberate and consistent effort that begins with:
- An understanding of what you have to offer and can deliver,
- Knowing where you shine and can make a tangible contribution and,
- Seeking out those companies that are the best fit.
4 TIPS TO BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL PIPELINE
- Build credibility with every point of contact. Offering expanded services for existing clients, identifying key similarities between our most successful clients and prospective ones and staying in touch with prior clients are all components in identifying new opportunities. Every point of contact affords the chance to add value and build credibility.
- Preparation is essential. The internet offers many means to gather data. Not only can a great deal of information be gleaned from the company website, a mutual business partner or affiliation can be an essential resource. A call that wastes time communicates disrespect for your client, as well as a lack of focus.
- Stop talking and listen. As much as you think you know or have learned, you must be prepared to listen. No one knows more about their company than the business owner. And, don’t forget to follow up, regularly and with purpose.
- Be genuine. In the end, and at the core of everything you say and do, you must be genuine and sincere. Without that as a foundation to build mutual trust, no business venture will sustainably grow and prosper.